Choose any of the Page links in the Learning Options menu bar above to learn more about any of those particular subjects.
If there is another subject you are interested in please Contact Us and we will try to direct you to the best resource we know of.
“I have no hidden agenda. It is my mission to help people – women especially – get educated about violence and crime. I dedicated 30 years of my life to martial arts and have spent the last 8 creating The Devi DVD and Mommy & Me Self Defense Audio Program to get information out about Protective Offense that has previously been muddy and difficult to get. ~ Teja Van Wicklen
Benefits of Learning and Teaching Protective Offense:
- Learn simple tools for understanding crime, like The Self Defense Continuum (pictured left)
- Speak the language of violence so you can avoid it rather than escape from it. Learn the difference between Process and Resource Predators, what to expect, what to do, what not to.
- Learn more about the mental and physical nature of self defense in a real world context.
- Reexamine the techniques most often used in self defense to be sure they are the best possible choices for your body, physical shortcomings or disabilities, skill level, lifestyle, etc.
- Explore ways to protect your children and your home.
- Gain a working knowledge of key Legal issues pertaining to self defense, like Preclusion.
- Learn tools for dealing with catastrophic adversity.
- Raise girls who will never present themselves as unsuspecting victims.
- Raise boys who will never victimize women and who will act if they see it happening.
- Learn the criteria to evaluate self defense courses so you can make educated decisions about who to trust. (If you’re an instructor, you are showing your students and potential students that you are not afraid to have your course evaluated in a knowledgeable way, which shows confidence and instills trust.)